Irish Apple Cake is a traditional Irish dessert that is loved by many around the world. It is a simple yet delicious cake that is made with fresh apples and a variety of spices. This recipe is sure to become a family favorite. It is an easy to make cake that is perfect for any occasion. It is moist, flavorful, and will be a hit with everyone. Enjoy this delicious Irish Apple Cake and make sure to share it with your friends and family!
Best Irish Apple Cake Recipe
Irish Apple Cake is a traditional dessert that has been enjoyed by generations of Irish families. This cake is made with apples, spices, and raisins to give it a unique flavor that will tantalize your taste buds. The cake is moist and flavorful, and the apples add a hint of sweetness that is sure to please everyone. This recipe will show you how to make the best Irish Apple Cake that you have ever tasted.
-3 cups of all-purpose flour
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1 teaspoon baking powder
-1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
-1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
-1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
-1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1 cup (2 sticks) of butter, softened
-2 cups of granulated sugar
-4 large eggs
-1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
-2 cups of peeled and diced apples
-1 cup of raisins
-1/2 cup of chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Fold in the apples and raisins.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle the chopped walnuts (if using) over the top.
6. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
7. Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Once the cake has cooled completely, it is ready to be served. Slice the cake and enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee. The cake can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Irish Apple Cake is a classic dessert that is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. The combination of apples, spices, and raisins creates a unique flavor that is sure to please. This recipe will show you how to make the best Irish Apple Cake that you have ever tasted. Enjoy!