Surprisingly Light Cheese And Herb Croquettes Recipe
Are you a fan of crispy, cheesy, and flavorful croquettes, but wish they were a bit healthier and lighter? Look no further! This recipe for Surprisingly Light Cheese And Herb Croquettes is just what you need. With a few simple tweaks to the traditional recipe, you can enjoy these delicious treats guilt-free. So, let’s dive in and learn how to make these scrumptious croquettes that will satisfy your cravings while keeping your waistline in check!
To make these Surprisingly Light Cheese And Herb Croquettes, you will need:
- 2 cups of cooked and mashed potatoes
- 1 cup of grated low-fat cheese (such as mozzarella or cheddar)
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley, chives, or dill)
- 1/4 cup of bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for frying
Follow these steps to make these light and delicious croquettes:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, grated cheese, chopped herbs, bread crumbs, and flour. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Shape the mixture into small cylindrical croquettes, around 2-3 inches long.
- Dip each croquette into the beaten eggs, ensuring they are coated evenly.
- In a frying pan, heat enough olive oil over medium heat to cover the croquettes.
- Carefully place the croquettes into the hot oil and fry them until they turn golden brown and crispy on all sides. This should take around 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove the croquettes from the oil and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb any excess oil.
Tips and Variations
Here are some additional tips and variations to enhance your Surprisingly Light Cheese And Herb Croquettes:
- For an extra burst of flavor, you can add some minced garlic or finely chopped onions to the potato mixture.
- If you prefer a spicier version, sprinkle some chili flakes or cayenne pepper into the mixture.
- Experiment with different herbs to find your favorite combination. Thyme and rosemary can add a lovely earthy flavor to the croquettes.
- If you want to make the croquettes even lighter, you can try baking them instead of frying. Simply preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and bake the croquettes on a greased baking sheet for about 15-20 minutes, turning them halfway through.
These Surprisingly Light Cheese And Herb Croquettes can be enjoyed as an appetizer, a side dish, or even as a tasty snack. Here are a few serving suggestions:
- Pair them with a refreshing green salad for a light and satisfying lunch.
- Add them to a charcuterie board for a unique twist on traditional cheese and crackers.
- Serve them as an appetizer at your next dinner party with a side of tangy dipping sauce.
Who says indulgent snacks have to be heavy and laden with calories? These Surprisingly Light Cheese And Herb Croquettes prove that you can enjoy the crispy and cheesy goodness of croquettes without any guilt. With their delicious blend of low-fat cheese and fresh herbs, they are sure to be a hit at any gathering or as a quick and easy treat for yourself. So, grab those potatoes and get ready to whip up a batch of these delightful croquettes that will leave you craving for more!