LEE COUNTY, Fla. — Lighting was the cause behind a fire that sparked at a church on Palm Beach Blvd. in Tice overnight, officials said.
Fire officials responded to the blaze around 3:30 a.m. Tuesday when lightning caused flames to shoot from the steeple area of the Ministerio Internacional Mana church.
Tice Fire Department, the Fort Myers Fire Department, and Lee County EMS responded to the scene.
The damage was contained mostly to the roof of the church and no injuries were reported, according to Tice Fire Department.
Fire crews said the church was unoccupied at the time of the blaze and there is limited damage.
Officials are covering the roof of the church to prevent any more damage.