Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

S.W. Florida Daily News

News

No sign of Brian Laundrie as Carlton Reserve search stretches on one month later

No sign of Brian Laundrie as Carlton Reserve search stretches on one month later
0863d9e7 ec5f 4e3c a657 04d13be17441.png

NORTH PORT, Fla. – This week marked one month since Brian Laundrie’s family said they last saw him. 

Since then, the search has continued for Laundrie who is the lone person of interest in his fiancé’s Gabby Petito’s disappearance and death. 

RELATED STORY: Coroner determines Gabby Petito cause of death was strangulation

Friday, officers with tactical gear and large rifles were seen walking into the Carlton Reserve about a mile away from the entrance of Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park. 

A spokesperson for the North Port Police Department said that was a special response team training while helping in the search for Laundrie. 

The FBI is still leading the investigation. 

You May Also Like

Visit

From trendy restaurants to historic homes, there’s plenty to enjoy in the Downtown Fort Myers River District. If you’re on a tight schedule but want...

News

FORT MYERS, Fla. — Our friend Chef Cal from Bruno’s of Brooklyn cooked up an appetizer and an entree that are quick and easy...

News

ENGLEWOOD, Fla. – Two people were attacked by a dog in Englewood Wednesday afternoon. A man and a woman both in their 60’s were...

News

LEE COUNTY, Fla. — Local chef Brian Roland is being transferred to rehabilitation to continue his recovery process following an accident at a car...